Thursday, December 29, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
"Alone on Prom Night" is an allusion to a zine my friend James made. It is a phrase that has always stuck with me because it is funny and sad.
Facing page is a jumble of billboard copy that I saw on my way down to Florida.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Some drawings I did in my green sketchbook that my roommate gave to me. These are some of my favorites that I have done so far.
|Some facts about this dress:|
1. I bought it from my friend at a neighborhood yard sale.
2. It is so very covered in glitter.
3. It was originally worn by my neighbor when she was 10 during the Millenium Change.
|I really should have put interfacing in this top when I first made it. It has gotten looser. However it is still a very delightful pink and blue gingham.|
|This shirt has a very realistic print of a moose on it.|
|This sweatshirt came in a package of maternity clothes that was delivered to my boyfriend's apartment for its former residents. Don't worry, she got all of her clothes eventually.|
Around October 28 or so of this Fall, I decided to start drawing what I wore every day. The reasons for my doing this are as follows:
1. I was very bored.
2. It is a good way to keep track of what I am wearing. Because of these drawings, I have begun to notice patterns in the way I dress that I would not otherwise pay attention to. Also I think it will be interesting to look back and have a record of what I wore.
3. Sort of to practice drawing; more specifically, Fashion illustration. I haven't gotten much better. And a lot of these drawings are very bad. BUT for the sake of full disclosure, and honest record keeping, I am going to publish them all on here.
Here is a boatload of them, not necessarily in order.
|" Notes: |
1. I never stand like this
2. This jumper has little white stripes
3. I didn't really wear makeup today
4. I was also wearing my printed coat "